The simple boarder print was so pretty and was begging to be made into Vogue 8789
I made another project this weekend that has no pattern number :D
I found this fabric is the bargain bin and took all they had (there wasn't much)
I was pretty sure I had seen it's fruity goodness made into sundresses around the internet and had coveted it then. So I was really excited to get my hands on it. But, I could not find the perfect pattern!
So, I took my sure fit designs top sloaper and traced MOST of that. The traced the neckline from the Sultry Sheath from Gertie's New Book for Better Sewing. Then I cut a simple A-line skirt.
Because I was making something without a pattern I did some funny things with construction. I sewed the front bodice to the front skirt and each back bodice piece to each back skirt piece (after sewing in the darts). To my pleasant surprise I even managed to get the darts to match. I then sewed up the back seam, and put in the side seams (leaving an opening for the zipper). Side zippers are my new favorite thing. After that I bound the neckline, sleeves and hem in lime green bias tape. And lastly, because it need a little more OOMPH I pressed open some tape and stitched it to the waist in a mock belt and sewed together a little bow.
Overall I love the results and my friends loved it too. And it only took three hours to sew.
If I was going to fix anything it would be tighten/shorten the bodice just a touch and bring the outside of the arm scythe in just a touch to make it a little smaller at the shoulders.
But the dress is fun and a lot of fun to wear so I'm not going to fuss over it too much.