Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Me-Made-May the sixth

For the sixth day of me-made-may I wore a very simple skirt that I threw together a while back.  I had about two yards of this pretty floral cotton (that I picked up at a 1/2 off sale for about $3/yard)



and I knew I wanted something cute and simple that I could throw on and off easily and wear for hours without having to worry much.  No binding etc.

I started with the free A-line skirt pattern at Laura Marsh Designs (you can find it here).  The pattern is for a Maxi shirt, but I just made it as long as my fabric would allow.  It, of course, cut and went together super easy. But when I got to the section about inserting the elastic, I decided to do something a little different.  Instead of putting elastic in the skirt... I cut a piece of 1", navy blue, knit elastic and attached the skirt to it.

Personally I like the effect and it is so, so, so comfortable!



Nothing fancy or special - just a skirt I can wear all day and not think about it.

And so, I leave you with this...


No comments:

Post a Comment